The time when it seems that there is nothing wrong with either of the partners, but marriage is still falling apart is what accounts for irreconcilable difference.
- It is basically a no-faults ground for divorce.
- This implies neither of the partners pursued any sort of inappropriate act.
- It means there was nothing like adultery, abandonment or cruelty exhibited by either of the partners, still the marriage did not seem to work.
- The differences are such that the marriage becomes utterly broken to the extent that it cannot be mended.
If you are going to divorce on the grounds of no-fault, here are some points you need to be aware about:-
- These are faster and less cost taking, since you are not required to prove any sort of misconduct.
- In most of the states it is alright if only you agree to no-fault divorce, the judge can still grant you divorce.
- If you both are fine, it is recommended to go with the whole thing rather you own or through some mediation.
It is really significant for you to know, that most courts divide the marital property in accordance with the community property law. This means they won’t be considering the fault of either of the spouses. Hence, whether it is a no-fault divorce or a fault, one, most of the instances the following aspects are considered:-
1. Amount of property given to each spouse
2. Marriage length
3. The contribution of each spouse to the enhancement of marital property
4. Economic needs of each spouse
5. Financial circumstances of each spouse.
Hence, think well and come to a decision pertaining to the same. The rules governing no-fault divorce are different in different states; hence it is best to take the aid of an attorney, who will be able to guide you.