When there is nothing wrong with either of the partners, marriage is still falling apart, which accounts for the irreconcilable difference.
- It is a no-fault ground for divorce.
- It implies neither of the partners pursued any inappropriate act.
- It means there was nothing like adultery, abandonment, or cruelty exhibited by either of the partners. Still, the marriage did not seem to work.
- The differences are such that the marriage becomes utterly broken to the extent that cannot mend it.
If you are going to divorce on the grounds of no-fault, here are some points you need to be aware of:-
- These are faster and less cost taking since you are not required to prove any misconduct.
- In most of the states, it is alright if only you agree to a no-fault divorce; the judge can still grant you divorce.
- If you both are acceptable, it recommends going with the whole thing instead of your own or through some mediation.
It is significant for you to know that most courts divide marital property by community property law.
It means they won’t be considering the fault of either of the spouses.
Hence, whether it is a no-fault divorce or a spot, one, most of the instances the following aspects are considered:-
- Amount of property given to each spouse
- Marriage length
- The contribution of each spouse to the enhancement of marital property
- Economic needs of each spouse
- Financial circumstances of each spouse.
Hence, think well and decide about the same.