It is really imperative to have a law which safeguards the common rights of employees. This is impeccably taken care of by The Virginia Labor and Employment Law Division.
Attributes of The Virginia Labor and Employment Law Divisions
- Investigation of complaints
- Conducting of settlements
- Preparing final orders
- Assessment of civil money penalties against employers
- Administration of work permit program
Here is a list of some of the Virginia labor laws:-
- Virginia Payment of wage law ensures regular pay to the employees without any deduction other than taxes.
- Virginia Minimum wage is effective from July 24, 2009 and in accordance with it, the minimum rate is $7.25 per hour.
- Virginia Child labor laws prohibit employment of minors under the age of 14. In fact, there is also pursued hours of work restriction for minors, which are under the age of 16.
- Virginia Right to work law implies the complete right to work and denial cannot be based on membership or non-membership in a labor union.
- Prevention of Employment law inculcates laws so that a former employer cannot pursue malice to the name of the employee.
- Equal pay irrespective of sex is pursued to prohibit discrimination in pay based on gender.
- The in accordance with the Code of Virginia it is unlawful for the applicant or employee to pay for his or her medical examination as needed by the employer.
- During a polygraph examination, it is against the law for the employer to inquire with regard to the sexual activities of the applicants.
- There is also strict rule with regards to the Human Trafficking in Virginia, which if denied results in heavy penalties.