Child custody in Connecticut is based on several statutes and particularly in the interest of the parents involved.
Parents can reach their own agreement(s) serving the interest of the child in terms of custody as well as visitation.
But the courts in Connecticut consider various factors to award custody to the parents.
Factors considered in Custody:
Several factors are considered by the courts in Connecticut to determine the child custody.
- A parent’s ability to understand the child needs.
- Interest and ability of the parent to involve in the child’s life.
- Child’s relationship with the parents.
- Stability and standard of the parents.
- Child’s mentality, age and the interest.