Massachusetts, like the other states in the US holds some stiff DUI/DWI also abbreviated as OUI laws. Some of the details of these state statutes are as follows.
- Every individual driving a vehicle can be subjected to a chemical test that can include blood, urine or even breath test under an enforcement officer.
- Refusing it can lead to suspension of the driver’s license.
- If the maximum blood alcohol concentration goes beyond 0.08% in adults, 0.02% in people under 21 years, they can be subjected to conviction under DUI/DWI laws.
- The license can be suspended after 3 DUI/DWI offenses.
- According to the state law, IID’s should be installed on the vehicles.