Chapter 490 of Hawaii Uniform Commercial code deals with various aspects of trade and commerce for Hawaii Breach of Contract laws.
- In order to initiate a lawsuit for breach of contract the burden is on the plaintiff to prove its existence.
- The breach should have taken place after the acceptance of the contract.
- The contract should be legally enforceable and should have essential features of consent, consideration and acceptance.
- Remedies of breach of contract are covered by Section 490:2-701 where the material breach suffered is required to be compensated with financial compensation.
- In case of goods, they have to be replaced and in other cases a specific performance of the contract may be required.