Some of the laws surrounding Identity theft crime in Louisiana State include the following:
- Laws surrounding Identity theft comes under the criminal sections of the Louisiana state penal code and are included under the code section, La. Rev. Stat. Ann. §14:67.16 (West 1999).
- Minors are exempted from the conviction due to identity theft laws.
- According to the law,
- the severity of the loss incurred by the individual upon loss of identity determines the penalties of the crime.
- In general, a monetary fine and an imprisonment in the state prison follow the criminal act.
- But if the individual has 2 prior crime convictions, then s/he may be ordered for a full restitution.