(888) 808-8831
Need Affordable Employer/Employee Issues Lawyer Near You?
Submit your details to connect with a legal provider.

We respect your privacy. Your information will be sent securely and handled with care.

Government Contracts, Grants, or Financial Aid

HomeEmployer/Employee IssuesGovernment Contracts, Grants, or Financial Aid

Recipients of government contracts, grants, or financial aid are subject to wage, hour, benefits, and safety and health standards under:


Davis-Bacon Act

which requires payment of prevailing wages and benefits to employees of contractors engaged in federal government construction projects.


McNamara-O-Hara Service Contract Act

which sets wage rates and other labor standards for employees of contractors furnishing services to the federal government.


Walsh-Healey Public Contracts Act

requires payment of minimum wages and other labor standards by contractors providing materials and supplies to the federal government.


Administration and enforcement of these laws are by The Wage and Hour Division.

In addition, the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) administers and enforces three federal contract-based civil rights laws that require most federal contractors and subcontractors,

as well as federally assisted construction contractors, to provide equal employment opportunities.

The Office of the Assistant Secretary for Administration and Management’s (ASAM) Civil Rights Center administers and enforces several federal assistance based civil rights laws

requiring recipients of federal financial assistance from the Department of Labor to provide equal opportunity.



Important: The articles available on are neither legal advice nor a replacement for an attorney. The contents are general information and guidance concerning different legal issues. We make sure that these articles prove helpful to you, but we do not promise or guarantee that they are suitable for your condition. We also do not take responsibility for any loss that might cause to you using these articles. Hence, we strictly suggest you get expert legal advice. Consult or hire an attorney in case of any doubt.