Maryland Alimony Law are a part of Maryland family law, which requires the judges to consider several variables before making a decision in any case. Therefore,
The following factors are considered by the family courts in Maryland to provide a fair decision on the matters related to alimony.
- Financial ability and the educational standards of the party seeking monetary aid.
- Duration and standard of living established during marriage.
- Physical and mental Health conditions followed by the age and earning capacities of the parties.
- Circumstances that explain the estrangement in the parties leading to divorce.
- Agreements if any before or during the marriage.