(888) 676-7128

Need Affordable Breach of Contract Lawyer Near You?
Talk to legal rep NOW. Submit your details to connect with a legal provider.

South Carolina Breach of Contract laws

HomeBreach of ContractSouth Carolina Breach of Contract laws

Alike other states of the USA, South Carolina also has laws that address the breach of contract.

Breach of contract

A violation of commitment refers to an action that violates the terms of a contract or does not fulfill a promise or performed as agreed upon in the agreement.

  • The damages arising from the breach of contract are referred as economic losses.
  • The defaulting party is required to compensate the other party to the contract by paying general damages or completing specific performance of the contract.
  • The specific performance should in line with the original promise as made in the contract.

Timeframe to file petition

According to South Carolina’s breach of contract laws, the non-breaching party can submit a request for the remedy of breach of contract within three years of the finding of breach of contract.


South Carolina laws do not consider a Breach of the contract if

  • There are any changes in the agreement, and both parties agree to it.
  • One party deviates from the contract, and another party agrees to it.  

NOTE:  For a clear and better understanding of South Carolina’s breach of contract laws, it is suggested to talk to an experienced lawyer.

Important: The articles available on uslawyer.us are neither legal advice nor a replacement for an attorney. The contents are general information and guidance concerning different legal issues. We make sure that these articles prove helpful to you, but we do not promise or guarantee that they are suitable for your condition. We also do not take responsibility for any loss that might cause to you using these articles. Hence, we strictly suggest you get expert legal advice. It is also recommended to consult or hire an attorney in case of any doubt.