Virginia Consumer Protection Act under virginia consumer laws is established
with intent to apply and promote fair trade practices and implement ethical standards for commercial activities.
The Act includes :
- The Act is not applicable to the acts performed by a publisher of a newspaper
- or any printed matter like
- advertising media,
- owners of television or radio broadcasting, etc.
- Sale of goods that is misrepresented with goods’ origin, certification or approvals, etc. is unlawful and account to be deceptive trade practice. (Section 59.1.200)
- Misrepresentation of the quality, contents or ingredients contained in the goods are also considered to be deceptive.