According to Wisconsin Child support guidelines the non-custodial parent need to pay the custody amount to the custodial parent.
- A parent whose parenting time is less than 50% is considered to be the non-custodial parent.
- The support amount will cover the child’s expenses like education, health care, insurance, recreational facilities, etc.
- In the case of an unemployed parent, the support money would be computed according to an estimate, prepared by the court.
- The support amount will be charged as a percentage based on the number of dependent children whether from the marriage or not.
- There are two tables for computing the support for low income and high income earning parents.