A will is very important legal document that helps you die in piece. You, as a testator, will state in your will that you will be managing your estate after your death.
An estate lawyer is a bar certified attorney who concentrates on estate planning and supports clients in summarizing and executing legal documents, including wills and trusts.
An experienced lawyer can help you in providing useful advice on how to strategize your estate planning. But as long as your will meets the legal requirements of your state, it’s valid whether a lawyer drafted it or you wrote it yourself on the back of a napkin.
Estate law is closely related to family law, since lawyers often must work with related individuals who are involved with an estate.
It is advisable to hire lawyer or to have a solicitor check your will so that he can check if your will serve purpose or not. This is because, it is easy for us to make mistakes and if there are errors; it can cause serious issues after your death.
Sorting out misunderstandings and disputes after your death may results in considerable legal costs, which will reduce the amount of money in the estate.
Hiring a Lawyer
Hiring a lawyer for making wills in most of the cases helps in clearing your family’s confusion and squabbles later.
If you are stuck in complex, unusual situations, hiring a lawyer is the best option you opt for. While a lawyer’s time and advice cost money, a lawyer can ensure that you’ve considered all aspects of your estate’s distribution – and draft a will that reflects your wishes.
When preparing a will, a lawyer can help you in following ways:
- He understands your requirements completely and the reason behind it.
- He makes sure that your will follows all “laws of your province” so that there is no mistake in it.
- State your true wishes so they will be carried out the way you want them to be.
- After your death, he ensures that your loved ones do not have to pay other cost and also helps in reducing tax as best as possible.
- He makes sure that your estate can be settled in less time.
- To take care of your children, chooses the best guardian.
- Your lawyer can also make notes on your mental capacity to confirm that you are mentally fit to make a will.
He will establish restrictions on an estate to ensure that a client’s wishes are properly carried out.