The Montana Consumer laws have been constituted to protect consumers from illegal and unfair business practices.
- The law educates consumers on vehicle purchase agreements, apartment rentals, tenant-landlord relationships, etc.
- The Law also helps in protecting the privacy and securing the financial information of consumers by regulating debt servicing practices.
- The law also provides solace to small scale businesses and protects them from being dominated by large business corporations.
- The Montana New Vehicle Warranty Act, popularly known as the Lemon law monitors trade practices related to vehicle sale and repairs.
- Various contract laws and business laws also prohibit businesses from altering sale contracts and entering into misleading agreements for exploiting customers.