Irrespective of the seriousness of damage seen in an auto accident in California, in which you are involved, the following would help you clear things without great damage.
- Calling the police from the scene of the accident.
- This could be the first thing to get paid for the damages,
- as the insurance companies, as well as police authorities, check for prior notifications.
- The time of the accident, location, vehicle’s details like the registration number, driver’s address, contact numbers, and license should be known to you,
- so that you can provide some legal information to the police.
- Notify your insurance company about the damages.
- If the damage in the auto accident is severe, report it to the Department of Motor vehicles within ten days.