Child custody in Michigan is a crucial issue in the cases of dissolution of marriage and is based on certain specific laws of the state.
Role of Courts in Michigan Child custody:
Courts in Michigan have a deciding role in child custody.
Some of them include the following:
- Courts consider diverse factors ranging about twelve to determine the custody.
- They file a case and can determine the custody only if there is a custodial environment with either or both of the parents.
- The custody offered by the courts can be for a particular duration.
- It can be physical or legal and either sole or joint.
- There should be some convincing evidence that can support the clear need for change in custody of the child.
Read about child custody types