Judges consider several factors even before calculating the support payments in Delaware alimony law.
- Economic dependency of the other.
- Insufficient income levels to support their lifestyles.
- Eligibility for employment and custodial guardianship, if any.
Factors for Alimony Calculations:
If these conditions are met, the judges employ the alimony calculator based on the following factors.
- The gross income of both spouses
- Duration of the marriage
- Standard of living during the marriage
- Age, educational background, and health of the spouse
The court can award temporary alimony, which lasts during the divorce or rehabilitative alimony for a stipulated time or even a permanent one until either of the parties.
Important: The articles available on uslawyer.us are neither legal advice nor a replacement for an attorney. The contents are general information and guidance concerning different legal issues. We make sure that these articles prove helpful to you, but we do not promise or guarantee that they are suitable for your condition. We also do not take responsibility for any loss that might cause to you using these articles. Hence, we strictly suggest you get expert legal advice. Consult or hire an attorney in case of any doubt.