Identity theft law is stealing an individual’s identity can be both financial like
- the banking pins,
- credit details as well as non-financial security service numbers,
- driver’s license,
- contact information and more,
to defraud or to impersonate the person, to obtain some benefits.
- Identity theft laws in Maryland finds under the code section, Md. Ann. Code Crim §8-301.
- It is generally placed under a misdemeanor or a felony, depending upon the loss incurred.
- According to the identity theft laws in Maryland,
courts can impose some penalties like monetary fines, restitution, and even varying periods of imprisonment in the state prison, depending upon the severity of the crime.