Illinois Consumer laws have been set up in order to protect the rights of customers.
- The Illinois Consumer Fraud and Deceptive Business Practices Act specifically prohibit businesses from adopting unfair and deceptive practices for selling goods and services.
- The Act imposes penalties on such businesses that are found violating the laws.
- The Equal credit opportunity act is established with a view to ensure uniformity in loan raising opportunities for deserving individuals.
- The creditors are forbidden by law to request for consumer information relating to gender, race, nationality, marital status, etc.
- The Motor Vehicle Retail Installment Sales Act makes it mandatory for companies to stipulate their finance charge and other applicable charges in addition to the cash price of the car.