(888) 808-8831
Need Affordable Child Custody Lawyer in New Jersey
Submit your details to connect with a legal provider.

We respect your privacy. Your information will be sent securely and handled with care.

New jersey child custody

HomeChild Custody New JerseyNew jersey child custody

Separation can greatly affect your relationship with the children involved. Therefore, it is pretty imperative for the parents to spend some quality time with the child so as to prevent the hard consequences resulting post divorce.

To help and prevent interstate issues, New Jersey has adopted UCCA i.e. Uniform Child Custody Act.

New jersey child custody, alike other states of US, state whether the parents can have joint custody, visitation rules and process of ordering child custody. While deciding on custody, the court mainly consider child’s best interest.

Besides child’s best interest, the court also consider following factors (not limited though):

  • Child’s preference if he/she is 12 or older
  • Parents’ fitness
  • Child’s interaction with his/her parents
  • Home environment stability
  • Employment stability  of parents

For joint custody, the court will judge parents’ ability to communicate and agree with each other as well as their cooperation level in favor of child. Court will also check any history of drug/alcohol and domestic violence.

In order to avoid any kind of error while negotiating with your spouse/partner on child custody arrangements, it is always advised to hire a child custody lawyer. Having experienced legal assistance also helps you what to expect from the trial and prepare for it (if needed).


Important: The articles available on are neither legal advice nor a replacement for an attorney. The contents are general information and guidance concerning different legal issues. We make sure that these articles prove helpful to you, but we do not promise or guarantee that they are suitable for your condition. We also do not take responsibility for any loss that might cause to you using these articles. Hence, we strictly suggest you get expert legal advice. Consult or hire an attorney in case of any doubt.