(888) 808-8831
Need Affordable Wrongful Job Discharge Lawyer Near You?
Submit your details or call at (888) 808-8831 toll free

We respect your privacy. Your information will be sent securely and handled with care.

How to handle wrongful job discharge in Colarado?

HomeWrongful Job DischargeHow to handle wrongful job discharge in Colarado?

Colorado follows the “employment at will” policy.

It means neither the employer nor the employee has to reason or notice if they want to quit the job.

However, this is 100% true in theory, but several Colorado statutes and courts applied several changes in practices.

Generally employees think that there is no specific legal claim for this wrongful termination or discharge.

Recognized by Colorado courts, it refers to some specific legal claims that allow employees, if they terminated because of opposing illegal conduct or any public policy, to sue for damages they faced; just because the termination is wrong or unjust, there is no specific legal claim that an employee can file against the employer.

Wrongful Job Discharge

Employees can claim high six figures due to the loss of employment; wrongful job discharge claims generally involve specific claimed damages.

A current serving employee may get recovery for lost benefits, emotional suffering damages, punitive damages, and in some cases, they even get attorney fees and costs.

If you are discharged wrongfully from your workplace, it’s a good idea to consult a lawyer.

A lawsuit can file with a government agency that imposes labor laws or a private lawsuit.

A lawyer can help you in strengthening your case and accessing the claims.

A lawyer can let you know all the options you want to precede it, whether to get your job back or negotiate for severance, or suing your employer in court.

Suppose the violation by your employer is related to any particular part of state or federal law. In that case, you have an option to contact the Equal employment opportunity commission, Occupational and Safety Hazards Administration, or your state’s labor offices.

If you are still working and officially not terminated until now, an experienced wrongful job discharge attorney can help you in negotiating a suitable severance package that includes adequate compensation.

Important: The articles available on are neither legal advice nor a replacement for an attorney. The contents are general information and guidance concerning different legal issues. We make sure that these articles prove helpful to you, but we do not promise or guarantee that they are suitable for your condition. We also do not take responsibility for any loss that might cause to you using these articles. Hence, we strictly suggest you get expert legal advice. Consult or hire an attorney in case of any doubt.