(888) 808-8831
Need Affordable Divorce Lawyer in Nebraska
Submit your details to connect with a legal provider.

We respect your privacy. Your information will be sent securely and handled with care.

Nebraska Divorce Law

HomeDivorce NebraskaNebraska Divorce Law

In the state of Nebraska,

one needs to show the judge that either of the partners has lived in the state for a period of at least one year prior to filling for the divorce.

In case anyone lived in Nebraska 3 years ago later shifted to some other place and

now again came back to Nebraska cannot register or file for the separation until he or she has resided here for a year prior filing the case.

If the partner continued to stay in Nebraska while the other partner was away, he or she could register the file for divorce.

  • One needs to show the judge that the marriage is over and can not be repaired.
  • In Nebraska divorce law, the dissolution of a marriage does not need a showing of misconduct by either party.
  • The Judge determines legal relationship, assets, debt segregation and maintenance besides who is at fault.
  • A simple divorce can take a time span of about six months.
  • A lawyer cannot simultaneously represent both a husband and wife in a divorce case.

Important: The articles available on are neither legal advice nor a replacement for an attorney. The contents are general information and guidance concerning different legal issues. We make sure that these articles prove helpful to you, but we do not promise or guarantee that they are suitable for your condition. We also do not take responsibility for any loss that might cause to you using these articles. Hence, we strictly suggest you get expert legal advice. Consult or hire an attorney in case of any doubt.