In the state of Nebraska,
one needs to show the judge that either of the partners has lived in the state for a period of at least one year prior to filling for the divorce.
In case anyone lived in Nebraska 3 years ago later shifted to some other place and
now again came back to Nebraska cannot register or file for the separation until he or she has resided here for a year prior filing the case.
If the partner continued to stay in Nebraska while the other partner was away, he or she could register the file for divorce.
- One needs to show the judge that the marriage is over and can not be repaired.
- In Nebraska divorce law, the dissolution of a marriage does not need a showing of misconduct by either party.
- The Judge determines legal relationship, assets, debt segregation and maintenance besides who is at fault.
- A simple divorce can take a time span of about six months.
- A lawyer cannot simultaneously represent both a husband and wife in a divorce case.