(888) 808-8831
Need Affordable Wrongful Job Discharge Lawyer Near You?
Submit your details to connect with a legal provider.

We respect your privacy. Your information will be sent securely and handled with care.

How to do wrongful termination claims?

HomeWrongful Job DischargeHow to do wrongful termination claims?

If you have been discharged or unlawfully fired from your services, then you have every single right to sue your former employer for wrongful termination claims from the court of law.

But even before claiming for wrongful termination, one should know what makes a termination Wrongful.

Most of the employment is at the employer’s will, but firing an employer by breaching the law can be challenged in court.

Wrongful Termination:

Termination turns illegal in the eyes of the law if it includes;

  • Firing a midst a legal contract.
  • Firing an employee as a form of sexual harassment
  • Violation of labor laws or
  • Firing an employee to file a claim against the employer.

Claiming for a Wrongful termination:

Wrongful termination of an employee is actually considered under civil lawsuits. Legal aid can help the fired employee restore some of the damage that s/he faced due to wrongful termination from the employer, who becomes the defendant.

Upon approaching the court for a wrongful termination claim, one may get the

  • Severance pay: An employer can offer the severance package to waive off any legal claims against the employee when the termination is wrongful.
  • Damages: in general, the damages for wrongful termination can include penalties for the lost wages and other expenses like medical and dental bills.
  • Unemployment compensation: In a few cases, the employer, when proved wrongful for firing the employee, should pay unemployment compensation for the terminated employee.
  • Emotional distress: The plaintiff, i.e., the individual filing the case, can ask the jury to award emotional distress where the employer should pay the individual with some compensation for the pain and suffering caused by him.

Approaching and speaking to an experienced attorney in the respective field can help you proceed in the appropriate way to attain your rightful claims.

Important: The articles available on are neither legal advice nor a replacement for an attorney. The contents are general information and guidance concerning different legal issues. We make sure that these articles prove helpful to you, but we do not promise or guarantee that they are suitable for your condition. We also do not take responsibility for any loss that might cause to you using these articles. Hence, we strictly suggest you get expert legal advice. Consult or hire an attorney in case of any doubt.