In Alaska divorce laws it is necessary that the partner filing documents for divorce should be a permanent resident of the state.
In case the marriage was not duly performed in that particular province, then the opposite partner in this state adapts to the applicant’s benefit.
The charge may be constructed if the other partner is at the time of its beginning qualified as a residence to institute a familiar action.
In Alaska there is no requisite time period required for generating divorce actions.
Basis for divorce
An official order of law of separation based upon the shortcomings of either party may be sanctioned in Alaska for any of the following parameters:
- Not able to consummate the wedlock
- Conviction for serious crime
- Purposeful abandonment for a time of one year
- Merciless treatment
- Personal humiliation rendering life vexatious
- Incompatibility of individuals personality
- Habitual intoxication or fascination to drugs
- Untreatable mental illness