Submit a Request...Receive the help you need!
We've helped 22 clients find affordable attorneys today.

Click here to know more about membership

  • Members have 24/7 emergency access to their attorneys via Mobile App.
  • Legal consultation for all personal legal matters.
  • You get instant access to your own dedicated law firm.
  • Membership covers you, your spouse/partner, children and dependents.
  • 101 more reasons. Read here

Alaska Divorce Laws

HomeAlaska DivorceAlaska Divorce Laws

In Alaska divorce laws it is necessary that the partner filing documents for divorce should be a permanent resident of the state.

In case the marriage was not duly performed in that particular province, then the opposite partner in this state adapts to the applicant’s benefit.

The charge may be constructed if the other partner is at the time of its beginning qualified as a residence to institute a familiar action.

In Alaska there is no requisite time period required for generating divorce actions.

Basis for divorce

An official order of law of separation based upon the shortcomings of either party may be sanctioned in Alaska for any of the following parameters:

  • Not able to consummate the wedlock
  • Conviction for serious crime
  • Purposeful abandonment for a time of one year
  • Merciless treatment
  • Personal humiliation rendering life vexatious
  • Incompatibility of individuals personality
  • Habitual intoxication or fascination to drugs
  • Untreatable mental illness

Important: The articles available on are neither legal advice, nor a replacement for an attorney. The articles are general information and guidance concerning different legal issues. We make sure that these articles prove helpful to you but we do not promise or guarantee that they are suitable to your condition. We also do not take responsibility for any loss that might cause to you using these articles. Hence, it is strictly suggested to not to rely on the information provided in these articles completely without getting expert legal advice. It is also suggested to consult or hire an attorney in case of any doubt.