In Maryland divorce law it is seen that if the basis for divorce took place within the province,
divorce could be documented in the county where any of the spouses stays.
In case the grounds for separation happened outside of the province,
a person should be a resident for at least 12 months prior to filing for a divorce in the state of Maryland.
- A divorce may be sanctioned on the basis of several grounds.
- Desertion for at least 12 months prior to documentation is required.
- Voluntary detachment for at least 12 months prior to the filling is needed.
- The partners should live separately and away from each other for at least 24 months.
- Domestic torture against the complainer or a juvenile child of the complaining spouse is also significant.
- A couple could reach an enforceable negotiation relating to property rights.