Texas divorce law does not need divorcing spouses to book an attorney.
It may be wise to discuss with one attorney before the separation.
However, one is free to register a file and complete a divorce without any attorney.
- As per Texas divorce law,
one of the divorcing spouses should have resided within the state of Texas for the prior 180 days, before a partner may file for separation.
- In Texas, state District Courts has legal rights over divorces.
- District Courts that carry divorce cases are called Family District Courts.
- To assess where to file the petition, one has to choose the Court nearest listed as a Family District Court.
- One can also choose a Court which gives preference to family law matters.